Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1VEKE4Vlj
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Frog Themed Behavior Plan


  While exploring Pinterest, I found many teachers are using a behavior management chart that revolves around the children moving a clip up and down the board. Following with the same idea, I tweaked it a bit to fit my frog them.  

  Each day the students start with their clip on, Ready to Learn.  Should I catch them behaving, I/they move their clip up. Should they misbehave, I/they move their clip down.  Students who make it to the top of the chart, earn  a sticker for their clip.  Once they have 5 stickers on their clip, they get a new clip, which they color red.  The process continues through the colors of the rainbow, all the while working their way towards the coveted, Glitter Clip. 

   Below I have posted the letter I plan to send home explaining the policy, the notes I intend to send home when a student makes it all the way to the bottom of the board, and the actual frogs that I am using to create the wall display.

  I am eager to see how this works. I like the idea that they are working towards earning the next clip, rather than a cheap dollar store toy from a prize box.  This might motivate other students to use good behavior when they notice which color their friend is on.

    Last year, we had a Tae Kwon Do instructor come to our P.E. class. Many of the students LOVED it and signed up.  They very much enjoyed coming in and sharing how they earned the next colored belt.  I think this will be similar- at least I hope! 


  Here is a picture of the final product:

* The graphics were free clipart from www.cutecolors.com
Classroom Behavior
2011 Frog Note Home
2011 Frog Behavior Plan

Want to see additional behavior management ideas?  Click HERE

Feel free to use any of the uploads. All I ask is that you comment with a link to your blog, if you have one.


*** While it is only day four of school, our behavior management chart has been a huge hit.  The students are so proud when I ring the bell and move their clips up.  So far I have only had to move one clip down, and only one spot! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment